Answers about the Meditations on the Cross.
How to View The Events of the Cross.
- What kind of prayer should we have for revelation? Ongoing
- What are the events surrounding the Cross called? The Sufferings, or Passion of the Christ
- What was Jesus’ first priority? Obedience
Why Did the Cross Have to Happen?
- According to Oswald Chambers, why does God forgive sin? Only because of the death of Jesus Christ
- What is the good news of the creeds? Jesus rose on the 3rd day
3 Where is He this very minute, this very second? Sitting at the right hand of God the Father Almighty
My Sin and Where is Jesus Now.
- Was Jesus fully aware of what was going to happen to Him? Yes
- Why did God send an angel to the Garden of Gethsemane? To minister, lest he die
- What does our sinful rebellion produce? Christ’s death
How Ugly Was the Cross?
- What were two common forms of execution? Stoning, crucifixion
- Why were crucifixions done as public events? Crime prevention
- Can Jesus relate to shame in our lives? Yes
The Choice and the Challenge.
- In Luke 9, what indicates there is a choice? IF
- What are we to do if we make the choice? Deny, take up our cross, and follow Jesus
- What does God’s destiny for us look like? A life of purity and fruitfulness
Taking Up Our Cross.
- Why did Jesus endure the cross? Obedience to the Father
- What does God promise us about where He will be in our lives? He will never leave us or forsake us
- What will our sufferings be? Unique to each of us
The Blood of Jesus.
- When the Father looks at Jesus on the throne, what does He always see? His pierced hands
- What is the only thing Satan dreads? The blood of Jesus
- How important do you allow the blood of Jesus to be in your life? ?
Our Freedom and the Cross of Jesus.
- Where do lies originate? Satan
- What is the goal of lies? To lead us into slavery
- Where do we go for freedom? To the cross
Our Peace and the Cross.
- Which royal title names Jesus in relation to peace? Prince of Peace
- What are two requirements for peace?
Renewed minds, committed and trusting relationship with Jesus
- Where must we hide our un-holiness? In the wounds of Christ
Our Healing and the Cross.
- What do we gain in return for Jesus taking our infirmities and sorrow? Healing
- What might prevent Jesus from healing? Unbelief
- What did Jesus once warn a healed person? To not return to their sin
Our Victory and the Cross.
1, Why didn’t the Father change His mind about the Cross? He saw the resurrection as well)
- Did Jesus do EVERYTHING the Father told Him to do? Yes
- Psalm 18 is also called what? A Song of Praise
Abiding in Christ and His Cross.
- To the degree that we abide in Jesus is the degree that? He abides in us
- What does abide mean? Wait
- What did God reveal at the Cross? His love towards us